Gaming Thread

Go down

Gaming Thread

Post  FourStringFingerSting on Thu Aug 09, 2012 4:39 am

Felt needed, considering everyone here has an insatiable game fix that needs to be filled. Thought it'd be fun to start a thread so people can discuss what they're currently playing and what they might be looking into buying soon.

What have I been doing?

Beat this sexy mother fucker right here. The Legend Of Zelda: Majora's Mask...It only took me 12 years, but I finally beat it. I even took the time and effort to do nearly every side quest, obtain all the fairies from every temple, and obtain all the masks. I'd be lying if I said I wasn't proud of myself.

In other news, I've also been picking up Skyrim again, seeing as how I got my hands on the new Dawnguard DLC. I was a tad skeptical about paying $20 for it at first, but I'm actually quite happy with my purchase, knowing I've added an extra 10 hours onto the game so far and still have a good chunk of the main quest left to go. That, and it got me off my lazy ass and back on the Skyrim horse that I've been neglecting for the past few months.

Another game worth mentioning here that I recently picked up is A Valley Without Wind.

A crazy awesome 2D platforming game, reminiscent of Castlevania and Metroid, with a civilization element and a gameplay experience that can only be described as unfathomable. Imagine an area of a game that can be explored in roughly 2-3 hours. Now take that time, and multiply it by the thousands of areas jammed into individual squares that you'll explore in this game. You'll find new spellgems and body enchantments that offer a large range of abilities as you cover ridiculously vast patches of land that contain environments spanning over different courses of historical landscapes, dating from the ice age all the way to the robotic future era! Throw in a stellar soundtrack that takes your ears back to the golden age of gaming, and you've got one of the most nostalgic side-scrolling games you could ask for. Did I mention you can play with your friends online? Why aren't you buying this game yet?

These are the games that have been keeping me busy as I continue to wait until August 24th and September 18th, when my Dark Souls: Prepare To Die Edition and Borderlands 2 preorders are activated. If you're hoping to get in contact with me after these dates, you might be waiting a while. I'm fairly certain I won't even be passing my first semester of college, let alone keeping in touch with the outside world. But hey, we've all been there.
FourStringFingerSting
Admin

View user profile http://neonowhere.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Gaming Thread

Post  DDWRINKLE on Thu Aug 09, 2012 6:43 pm

My fucking gay ass friends from Brio got me back into Dota 2 even though I have like 20 other games to play and beat -_-. If you've never heard of it, look it up it's pretty fun and at the moment all you have to do is sign up for the beta and it's free!

Other than that I've been playing a lot of Steam games such as Zeno Clash, Capsized, Ultimate Doom, ^^^^^^ (<yes that is a game), and Legend of Grimmock. All of those ^ are fucking awesome games that I do recommend.

I am also waiting for Borderlands 2, and Dark Souls which once they come out I am going to have less of a life.

One last thing I have to mention is SLENDER . . . . . . it's free . . . . play it
DDWRINKLE

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  MakeOneUp on Sat Aug 25, 2012 8:59 pm

Tanner, that's kind of how I felt when I beat Banjo Kazooie. That game took me ten years, and it was such a load off when I finally beat it. That means two things. I'm considering playing through it again, but right now I'm pretty busy with Skyward Sword, Final Fantasy XIII and Borderlands, all of which I would recommend. Honestly, I'm glad I didn't pay full price for FFXIII, but considering I only got it for 18 bucks, I'm happy. And Damien, I'm downloading Slender.

MakeOneUp

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  FourStringFingerSting on Thu Jun 20, 2013 1:59 pm

Steam has anally raped me, stolen my wallet, and opened a second checking account for itself under my name. The summer sale is just around the corner...

Help me...
FourStringFingerSting
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  MakeOneUp on Wed Jun 26, 2013 3:07 am

See, it's kinda cool because my computer doesn't play games well, so I'm honestly not too worried about blowing a lot of money. Plus I don't actually have that much in my account to do online stuff with, and depositing more money means driving to Imlay City for me, soooo that probably won't happen anytime soon. By the way, Fire Emblem: Awakening? OH MY GOD. It's pretty damn good.

MakeOneUp

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  FourStringFingerSting on Fri Jul 12, 2013 3:15 pm

Steam Sale 2013 suckas, it's upon us.

Anybody buying anything awesome? I got by the first day without spending anything, but FEZ just popped up for $5...I might have to oblige.
FourStringFingerSting
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down